Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday

Rolling Thunder

Twenty years ago...when I was nine we were released in the afternoon to watch the Rolling Thunder debut in Rainelle. While it was a large crowd it does not compare to what we seen today. Today I joined my daughter on the front lawn of the same school where I stood 20 years ago and watched as not only a school but a town showed their support to those who have and continue to sacrifice so much for our great country! It was an honor to be able to photograph and talk with these individuals. May I also add that this year they raised over $11,000 for Rainelle Elementary School! What a blessing. These are a few of the images I captured in my short time there this afternoon. I must say happy birthday to Madison (pictured in black and white) and yes...you can still see the lunch left on my sons face (pictured in black and white). I also just want to give a quick thank you to the staff at Rainelle Elementary and the community for their kindness.My favorite shot is probably the flag in the mirror. I just happened to be walking by as a gentleman got off his bike and his handlebars turned the slightest bit and the flag came into view...I got chill bumps! For a complete schedule of this weekends events visit http://www.lzrainelle.com


















2 comments:

Tuck3 said...

They are all breath taking. I also love the one with the flag in a mirror. You have such an eye!

kat5 said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I love the one with the flag in the mirror. I also got chill bumps whenever I seen it.