Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday

A Big Dish of Thankfulness with a side of humility.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for. I get so wrapped up in my work this time of year that it is sneak peek after sneak peek and you don't get to hear much from me, your photographer. I think now is a good time to give my fans a glimpse of not just my work but the person behind the images.

This year really has played out in fast forward for me. Every year I fill my home with images from a Christmas 7 years ago to this years Christmas. That was my daughters first and we have pictures of her on Santa's knee. Yes it is the cheesy mall photos but I will be the first to say that sometimes, especially Christmas those images are necessary. I see her at her 4th Christmas when her new brother joined us and I see her now. I see how a life can be summed up in images and it is a numbing feeling to think about all of those memories. The first step, the first bicycle ride, losing the first tooth. It all happened somewhere in between those photos. That is what I will have to hold onto. Those images will light a warm fire in my soul every Christmas and will motivate me to set on Santa's knee for a mall photo for the next 20 years if I have too! Hopefully one day I will have images of my grandchildren on Santa's knee.

It can be a daunting task to be a wife, mother and business owner but Im thankful for answered prayers I have seen in my life. A prayer to be a faithful wife to my husband, to live out the vows we committed to eachother eleven years ago. To be a mom and caregive to my children. To raise them up in what I believe to be the will of God. This alone can make your knees tremble. To know that you are responsible for this little person. Another answer to prayer is this crazy thing called photography. The wonderful network of friends and mentors it has given me. I am thankful for the ability it has lended me to help others.

I am amazed at what God has done in my life and I am likewise humbled by his blessings. So it is my prayer this Thanksgiving that you reach for your fullest potential. That when your knees tremble in fear you will kneel in prayer.

I hope that each of you take time to forget about the turkey and dressing to take a moment to look at each of the blessings in your life and the valley's as well and to be thankful at the wonderful person they have shaped in you!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: